In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Prolotherapy is a technique that activates the body’s healing properties by stimulating inflammation. This starts the healing process with the ultimate goal of reducing and eliminating the sources of pain, regenerating dysfunctional tissue and strengthening ligaments, tendons and cartilage.
According to some research, the treatment causes the proliferation (growth or formation) of new ligament or cartilaginous tissue in areas where it has become weak or degenerative.
Prolotherapy is useful for the treatment of many different types of musculoskeletal pain; including arthritis; back pain; neck pain; Fibromyalgia; sports injuries; whiplash; Carpal Tunnel Syndrome; Chronic Tendonitis; partially torn tendons, ligaments and cartilage; degenerated or herniated discs; Temporomandibular Disorder; Sciatica; and many more.
Why do I need it?
- It promotes the body’s own natural healing ability.
- The natural functions of the body are regained and optimized.
- No drugs or surgery are used.
- It relieves pain.
- It is a conservative treatment.
- The solutions used are made from natural ingredients.
- It is considerably less expensive than surgical intervention.
- In a double blind human study where neither the patients nor the researchers knew specifically who was receiving the treatment, 88.5% of those injected with the Prolotherapy solutions showed improvement.
- Results are permanent (though aging continues).
These are some of the following ingredients used at Regenerative Health:
- Dextrose, a sugar made from corn.
- Dang Gui Compound (Radix Angelicae Sinensis)
- Huang Rui Xiang
Enhancing the body’s innate ability to heal is characteristic of many treatments offered at Regenerative Health. Personalizing and tailoring the course of Prolotherapy to the needs of the individual client and his or her physical and emotional constitution are essential elements of our integrated and holistic approaches to pain care.